Ruqqus Beta is finally here!
This update marks the launch of Ruqqus to beta stage. Today's update brings a host of features. Of particular note:
- Ruqqus now supports topic-specific communities called Guilds. These guilds are designed in a way that allows community moderators (guildmasters) to keep them on topic, without quashing freedom of speech.
- Users (and guilds) can now set profile and banner pictures
- You can join guilds and subscribe to (other) users. Content from these guilds and users will appear in your own customized home page.
- NSFW settings allow adult content to be hosted on Ruqqus
- Two-factor authentication is now an option. Enable it in your security settings.
- Titles let you show off an achievement site-wide. You can set them in your profile settings.
- You can embed images from certain (known safe) hosts into your comments.
To create a Guild, you will need to have at least
100 50 combined post and comment Reputation. There is also a limit of two guilds created per user per day.
Alongside this, is the All page. If you want a completely unfiltered view of all Ruqqus activity, just visit All.
We're looking forward to seeing what communities you launch on Ruqqus. In the mean time, here are a few we've created to get you started:
- +general - all purpose. This is the guild where content lands when kicked from other guilds. Content can also be taken from +general to other guilds.
- +right - Right wing politics
- +left - Left wing politics
- +Technology - For all things techy
- +memes - For spicy memes
- +News - For.... news (shocking, I know)
The Alpha user badge is now permanently unavailable to new accounts. Instead, new users will receive the Beta user badge.
Edit: Should have mentioned this sooner. We have an automated method for taking over a guild with inactive moderators - visit https://www.ruqqus.com/help/siege for more information.